Awareness of the existence of cultural differences and how to deal with these differences can have a profoundly positive impact on the quality of your relationship with your participant and on your entire family’s hosting experience. This handbook is designed to help you learn about both the Egyptian and U.S. cultures by examining a number of cultural topics in contrast with each other. We hope that you will find these to be especially interesting and informative:
- Predominant communication styles in the U.S.A. and Egypt;
- Egyptian family life and relationships;
- Egyptian cultural norms regarding personal appearance and religion;
- Key differences between the U.S. and Egyptian school systems;
- The general Egyptian and U.S. American views on concepts such as time and space.
Click here to access the handbook.