Awareness of the existence of cultural differences and how to deal with these differences can have a profoundly positive impact on the quality of your relationship with your participant and on your entire family’s hosting experience. To this end, this handbook is designed to help you learn about both the
Indian and U.S. cultures by examining a number of topics in contrast with each other. We hope that you find these topics to be interesting and informative:
- Predominant communication styles in the U.S.A. and India;
- Indian family life and relationships;
- Indian cultural norms regarding personal appearance and religion;
- Key differences between the U.S. and Indian school systems;
- The general Indian and U.S. American views on concepts such as time and space.
Click here to access the handbook.