Awareness of the existence of cultural differences and how to deal with these differences can have a profoundly positive impact on the quality of your relationship with your participant and on the entire host family’s experience. To this end, this handbook is designed to help you learn about the cultures of both Pakistan and the United States by examining a number of topics in contrast with each other. We hope that you find these topics to be interesting and informative.
- Predominant communication styles in the United States and Pakistan;
- Pakistani family life and relationships;
- Pakistani cultural norms regarding personal appearance and religion;
- Key differences between U.S. and Pakistani school systems;
- The general Pakistani and U.S. American views on concepts such as time and space.
Click here to access the handbook.